To recap this project, and to bring everyone up to date:
Once the first layer of woven roving was in, I wetted it out with polyester resin. I opted for polyester over epoxy for a variety of reasons, foremost was cost, and structural strength was really not an issue. Once the first layer cured, I added a second, being sure to overlap the seams so that no seam was doubled in the same spot. After this second layer had cured, I located the low spot in the box, and drilled a 3/4 inch hole through the fiberglass, the foam and the inner bulkead, this hole had to be so long that I had to use 2 drill bit extensions to get all the way through the layers. Through this hole I put a piece of 1/2 inch pvc pipe as my drain tube. 1/2 inch is relatively small, but I did not want the drain to be too big, as this can be a spot for cold to leak out of the box, so I made it as small as practically possible. At the end of the tube I attached a section of hose, and routed the drain out of the engine compartment and into the bilge.
Now I had to fit in the threshold for the top loading door. To dovetail this in, I used a router to notch the old threshold. This allowed the wood to overlap the foam and fiberglass, and then I notched out the foam and fiberglass to allow the threshold to sit down flush with the cabinet framing. Once this had been done, I cut and installed the foam that would make up the top of the box. This consisted of 1 layer of 2 inch foam, and 2 layers of 1 inch foam. The bottom layer, which was exposed inside the box, I covered with a layer of fiberglass cloth and wetted that out with colored epoxy. I left tabs of cloth hanging so that I could glue them to the the walls of the box later.
Two items left. One was to glue in the tabs I left hanging on the foam and fiberglass I used to make the inside top layer of the box. This I did with more color tinted epoxy, brushing it onto the inner walls of the box,a nd then wetting out the cloth. The last item left was then the trim around the edge of the countertop. this is being made by a friend of mine with a woodworking shop, it will be screwed into place with stainless screws, and then bungs put in and the completed trim varnished to match the inside of the boat.